There are several Real Estate Seasons and each one is unique. However, we talk about the upcoming Summer Season as it is both a buying and selling season.
Summer is such a great time to sell your home especially in family friendly neighborhoods because most of the parents would like to settle in a new home before the school year begins.
That being said, the question of what can I do to make my home sell this summer comes into mind.
Here are a few tips on how to sell your home this summer:
1. Prioritize curb appeal. Because it is easier for the buyer to see the exterior of the home as they drive by and this could spell the difference between booking a showing and just passing thru.
The following tasks need your attention quite often.
- Mowing the lawn
- Removing weeds from the garden
- Pruning shrubs, bushes and flowers
- Sweeping the surroundings
- Clearing cobwebs
- Keeping the trashcans out of sight
2. Accentuate the outdoor space. Everybody wants to spend time outdoors specially during the warm-weather months. if you have space outdoors for entertaining, make sure it includes what a buyer would want for an ideal backyard.
The following would be good additions to your backyard living space.
- Patio / deck with furniture
- Lounge chairs
- Outdoor Umbrella / Sun Shade
- Fire Pit
3. Check for what needs to be repaired and have them fixed before listing your home.
4. Make sure that your HVAC system can keep your home cool and comfortable. During the hot weather months, having cool air inside the home is a must. We cannot rely on wind passing through open windows to cool the home. We don't want people to become all hot and sweaty while viewing due to a faulty HVAC System.
5. Decorate with appropriate props for the season. We don't want Christmas Trees in our living room during the summer wouldn't we? The décor should reflect the summer season and the area that we live in.
6. Prepare to have lots of competition. You are not the only person with the idea of selling their home in the summer so it is very important to price your home reasonably. You wouldn't want to scare off buyers because of your high price.
Contacting and hiring an experienced Realtor would be the best course of action to take if you would like to sell your home for top dollar this Summer. A good realtor knows the trends of the market thus they would have knowledge on what to do for the home. They have your best interest at heart as they are guided by strict codes so you can expect the best service from them. Plus, with their tools and experience, they would be able to price your home reasonably to increase your chances of selling your home.
If you are thinking of selling or buying a home this summer, contact us. The Lovato Group's team
of experts are more than willing to assist you.
The information contained on www.denverareahousesearch.com is for general information purposes only. The Lovato Group assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the contents of www.denverareahousesearch.com. In no event shall The Lovato Group be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tort, arising out of or in connection with the use of www.denverareahousesearch.com or the contents of www.denverareahousesearch.com. The Lovato Group reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modifications to the contents on www.denverareahousesearch.com at any time without prior notice.